Sunday, March 30, 2008

Definition of SF Muni's Bus Schedule...

I needed to get to Marina Blvd by 10:30am today. I look at sfmuni.com and typed in my destination, the time I needed to arrive and this is what it came up with...

Take the N Judah at 9:49am get off at 19th ave and take 28 Fort Mason bus.

Ok so I get to the N Judah stop early, around 9:35. Waited and waited, 9:49, still no bus, hmmm... 9:55 still no bus..ok where the hell is the bus? 10am 3 N Judah buses sitting in front of my face and not moving! still no bus to pick us up! Finally 10:05 a bus comes, get to 19th ave. Got off was trying to cross the very busy street but it turnned red on me. I looked to see if the 28 was coming, not yet. Still waiting on the corner and what do I see, DAMN IT! the 28 bus! I'm ready to sprint through traffic to catch it then decided not to because the cars were coming too fast. Waived the bus driver down, he stares at me waiving and drives away!!! Oh my god! WTF! I don't get to Marina Blvd until 10:50.

So the Definition of SF Muni Schedule: A list of when buses arrive at a certain stop whenever they feel like sending the buses out to pick up passengers. If Muni feels like pulling buses out of their route, they DO NOT infrom any of their help lines or other workers or passengers of this change. Passengers are SHIT out of luck!

2 comments:

Greg said...

um...all I can say is...THAT SUCKS!

I had a similar foul up last weekend, what should have been a short trip on the N was dragged out for 2 hours....

Halsted M. Bernard said...

I'm about to move to the Outer Sunset and rely on the N Judah to get me to my job in Civic Center, and your posts have me both entertained and concerned! Keep up the great blogging. :)